[udig-devel] Activating a modal tool programmatically

Hi,

I am trying to activate a modal tool programmatically using :

ApplicationGIS.getToolManager.getToolAction(

<Tool ID>, <Tool category>).run();

This is giving a null pointer exception. I printed the tool categories using :

List<ModalToolCategory> categories = ApplicationGIS.getToolManager.getModalToolCategories();

and found that the category of the tool I am trying to activate doesnot exists in the list. However, this tool is available on the toolbar and can be activated when selected from there.

Please help.

Thanks

Elvie

Back to the top