[udig-devel] uDig trunk, Git & eGit for eclipse

I'd like to give a thumbs for the move to Git. I still haven't worked out how to use it very well yet, but have picked up the basics of getting code down to my local machine.

I was able to install the eGit eclipse plugin (add http://download.eclipse.org/egit/updates to your 'Available Software Sites' in Eclipse pref's); and from there use it to connect to the gitorious repo, check out udig, run it and export it as a package.

Found the instructions at http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/User_Guide#Cloning_Remote_Repositories to cover cloning the master repository to be rather useful.

  Cheers,
    Cliff

--
"We are dreamers, shapers, singers and makers..."

Back to the top