Re: [udig-devel] Strategy for E4?

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 5:42 AM, Ian Mayo <ianmayo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Me?  Give E4 a go?  I'm building up the courage to give 3.6 a go!
>
> Seriously, it took a lot of frustration & black magic to get p2 in 3.5
> working - to give my users an update site.  I'm nervous of breaking it
> all by moving to 3.6.

Oh cool - we looked at using p2 in 3.5 and 3.6 but we are still using
the old update site
technology. One thing I noticed is that only P2 is available in Eclipse 4.

So how did you do it? (This is a great example of the kind of thing I would like
to target as a group during the next round of uDig development).

> I won't really have the resources for an E4 trial until 2011. But,
> hey, it's not due for release until Summer 2011 anyway - and who wants
> to adopt V1 of anything....

The idea was to see if we could get it on screen; I got close but they have
some kind of dependency injection now and a naming convention of "ds"
(I am going to guess dispaly system?).

Jody

Back to the top