[udig-devel] uDig 1.1.1 Memory Leak

Hello,

I'm developing a software using uDig 1.1.1 that needs to create and
delete a large amount of layers. As I was testing the performance and
memory of my software I found that after a certain number of creating
and deleting actions it ran out of memory:

I ran a test on uDig 1.1.1 adding and removing a shapefile with
approximately 58 MB and 4415 polygons (MultiPolygon) features and
found that it behaves in the same way.
Using the jVisualVM software provided by the jdk, and analyzing uDig
1.1.1 heap dumps captured after some refresh, creating and deleting
actions, I found that a huge amount of memory was being used by lots
of instances of the class:

            org.geotools.referencing.factory.DeferredAuthorityFactory.Disposer

Debugging with the GeoTools 2.2.3 source I found that the method
setTimeout((final long delay)) of this class is being called every
time the program renders or filter is applied to a layer.

I consider this a memory leak and my question is what can I do to
prevent going out of memory.

Thank you,

Pedro

Back to the top