Re: [udig-devel] Status of GML and KML Support

They should be able to; I am am just making the GML code easier to use in GeoTools; and may try to do KML in the same way.

New docs are here:

Code needed to import GML is:

GML gml = new GML(Version.WFS1_0);
SimpleFeatureCollection featureCollection = gml.decodeFeatureCollection(in);

And to export GML:

GML encode = new GML(Version.WFS1_0);
encode.setNamespace("geotools", "http://geotools.org");
encode.encode(out, featureCollection);

And the hard part is exporting the XSD file:

SimpleFeatureType TYPE = DataUtilities.createType("Location", "geom:Point,name:String");

GML encode = new GML(Version.GML2);
encode.setBaseURL(new URL("http://localhost/"));
encode.encode(out, TYPE);

It is the last step that was missing from GeoTools; and I have added it to GeoTools 2.7 (which should be released in July).

Jody