Re: [udig-devel] How to extend the import wizard?

Hi Kon:

The eclipse import wizard extension point is well documented on the web; if you are bringing in new information we ask that you place it on the uDig catalog for the rest of the application to find.

Have a look a the source code for the tutorials:
- http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/DEV/2+Training+Materials

The advanced material on "CSV Service" and "Testing" are what you are looking for, you may also wish to make a custom renderer for your xml files.

There is a specific uDig extension point for a wizard adding data to the catalog; the extension point is used both during "import" and during "add layer". I would look into this one after you have your normal import wizard working (you can reuse your wizard pages which is where most of the work is).

The developers guide also contains some links:
- http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/DEV/6+How+to+add+a+New+Kind+of+DataStore

We can update those pages as you ask questions.

Jody