Re: [udig-devel] General uDig SDK comments

Hi Rueben!

We are actually having a good discussion about documentation on the geotools-users list just now - with respect to documentation and some suggestions.

The motivation is that we are making some usability improvements (particularly around the use of Java 5 generics); which is making the examples and learning curve much easier - but results in the examples being for latest version of GeoTools.

As for catching up on geotools api changes:
- http://geotoolsnews.blogspot.com/2009/11/foss4g-geotools-tutorials.html

The above links to a series of workbooks done for a "lab" at foss4g.

The good news is that I have a full workshop this year; and am working on revising and expanding these materials. Indeed if you contact me off list I should be able to share the materials with you in trade for review/feedback.  Indeed initial review is the motivation for the ease of use changes documented here:
- http://geotoolsnews.blogspot.com/2010/04/faster-better-geotools-27.html
- http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/Upgrade+to+2.7
- http://docs.codehaus.org/display/GEOTOOLS/2.7.x

Jody