Re: [udig-devel] Tableview is behaving really odd

I managed to put together a test case which reproduces this bug, however I have no idea how to fix it or even where to look. I've reported a bug here:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/GEOT-2782

The IndexedShapefileDataStore seems to produce the problem, however the ShapefileDataStore seems to work okay.

Emily

Emily Gouge wrote:
This seems to only be an issue with shapefiles. I loaded a postgis dataset and did not have this issue. However I do have this problem with shapefiles.

I think it's a bug in the geotools shapefile attribute reader. I was going to try to write a test case to see if I can duplicate the problem.

Emily

Jody Garnett wrote:
Yeah, that is really strange. So you confirm me it doesn't happen to you?

Checking now ... you are correct :-(

This is the first time I have seen this so I am not sure what has changed on us.

I am in the process of trying to release geotools so if this is a geotools problem or a table view problem
I would like to know :-(

Good call on the import strategy - those cad formats are funny in that they
include the color information.

Yes, this and also JGrass and BeeGIS and Axios make me think that in
Sydney we should spend some time of the sprint on defining a standard
way to share the plugins. Obvious choice would be the update
mechanism, but we will have to make sure it works properly also on
updating. Short - we will have to do some tests.

Don't remember if I asked already. Mauricio, are you coming to Sydney?
Jody, in the case the udig sprint of one day should be too short,
would you be able to spend some other time to push a clean and well
tested version in the week after the conference? I really want a well
working version to tag and on which to build on. It would be good for
all of us.

I still am trying to plan what we are doing together; how long are you in Sydney for and what would you like to accomplish. On Sunday I am committed to a geometry sprint; and we could additional programers if you are game - if not I really recommend
exploring the hunter valley (or just going to the beach)

Jody