Re: [udig-devel] WMS/WMSC Add Data Wizard Issues

Thanks Ugo.

I tracked down the bug and fixed up the code so it doesn't use the deprecated CatalogPlugin.locateURL function anymore and doesn't produce NullPointerExceptions.

Emily

Ugo Taddei wrote:
Hello Emily,

same here:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
net.refractions.udig.catalog.CatalogPlugin.locateURL(CatalogPlugin.java:326)
	at
net.refractions.udig.catalog.internal.wms.ui.WMSConnectionFactory.toCapabilitiesURL(WMSConnectionFactory.java:117)
	at
net.refractions.udig.catalog.internal.wms.ui.WMSConnectionFactory.createConnectionParameters(WMSConnectionFactory.java:38)
	at
net.refractions.udig.catalog.internal.wms.ui.WMSWizardPage.defaultParams(WMSWizardPage.java:100)
	at
net.refractions.udig.catalog.internal.wms.ui.WMSWizardPage.createControl(WMSWizardPage.java:144)
	at
net.refractions.udig.catalog.internal.ui.ConnectionPageDecorator.createControl(ConnectionPageDecorator.java:98)

id below is null.

public static URL locateURL( Object data ) {
        ID id = net.refractions.udig.catalog.ID.cast( data );
        return id.toURL();
    }

locateURL is deprecated, anyway.

Cheers,

Ugo

Emily Gouge said:
I have a problem with the WMS/WMSC Add Data Wizard.

"Layer -> Add -> Web Map Server -> 'Next'" results in the following
error:  "An error occurred during page transition.  This is most likely
a programming error.  Please report it".

I'm wondering if anybody else gets this error or if I've just done
something really weird to my computer.

I can still drag and drop WMS urls successfully so I think it's
something to do with the wizard itself.  I've tried removing the udig
workspace without any success.

Thanks
Emily