Re: [udig-devel] Alternative Map Perspective

We have been playing around with a styling perspective (Jim is interested in this) so we have come up with an Alternative Map Perspective, see attached jpg.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of andrea antonello
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2009 2:32 PM
To: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS
Subject: Re: [udig-devel] Alternative Map Perspective

Hi John,

I am still laughing about your email. Great observation! :)

You are right and I thought about the purpose a thousand times. I

guess that is to show to the user that and alternate exists. And I

think it is very important that a user even casually get's to change

the windows. I have users reporting that they have huge issues with

the windowing system of udig, but once they get used to it it is a

great poer.

So probably the best thing to do would be to make a better alternate

perspective. Perhaps you can propose one? I do not know, perhaps it

could contain some views that are usually not opened.

Ciao

Andrea