Re: [udig-devel] Shall we make the release today?

On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 5:05 PM, Jesse Eichar<jesse.eichar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sorry for taking so long to reply.  The weekends are dead-zones for me.  I
> play with the family and ignore email.

I have the opposite arrangement :-)

> As for your problem:  I have been able to export on 2 different machines
> without a problem.  Perhaps the problem is a missing dependency of printing
> which is causing printing to not be resolved.

I can see the printing feature; and navigate to it via the root
udig.product dependency. I certainly have the printing feature; but we
are tripping up on version numbers.

Thinking; so if printing uses GEF and I did not have GEF set up
correctly that could explain why printing is not showing up?

It is possible.  I would have expected an error message saying you had a problem with GEF but eclipse doesnt always give good error messages.

> So you know I have changed slightly my install procedure.  It takes a lot
> more bandwidth but has been working great.  I download the eclipse for
> modelling.  And don't add any extras.  (although somethimes findbugs
> manually).
>
> I install the maven-ant plugin in ~/.ant/libs
> Then everything works great.

Well that is good to know; do you then set up eclipse to use your ANT
rather then its internal one?

No,  it is a default place for ant to look for a plugins.  No changes required in eclipse

So have other people that have set up and able to release followed the
same procedure? Or is this just you.

Just me I think.  I may have done this same setup on Sylvia's machince because I have spend days trying to get ant-maven to work and failed so far.  THis way works for me reliably.

Jesse

Back to the top