[udig-devel] Re: WMS-C hackery - review please?

Okay that was even more amusing when I switched to file cahce:

Bug report here:
- http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG-1518

Anyone up for this one?

Includes more amusing screen snaps; looks like tiles are being slotted
away in the wrong location.
Jody

On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 7:00 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> One thing I did notice in testing on a multi core machine was a few
> tile misses; not sure if I can reproduce this problem or not yet.
>
> The tile server is from out data page:
> http://sigma.openplans.org:8080/geowebcache/service/wms?request=getcapabilities&tiled=true
>
> Jody
>
> On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 6:56 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi Emily:
>>
>> I have been hacking away at WMS-C support and would not mind a review:
>> - modified parsing code to "skip" any TileSet for which we do not
>> support the projection (ie CRS is null). I feel bad about this one;
>> but it is *really* annoying to try things that do not work; on the
>> other hand it is sad not to show everything ...
>> - the url handling code was producing http://sigma.opengeo:-1/
>> internally because a port was not provided; I modified the URL
>> generating code but could not figure out why it was needed (ie why the
>> URL was not used as provided?)
>> - decided to hold onto the couldNoTConnect exception and rethrow
>> rather than parse each time
>> - Service.dispose() was tripping up and calling members() in order to
>> dispose each member; if we were unable to connect - this call made the
>> WMSC code try and connect again!
>>
>> Jody

Back to the top