Re: [udig-devel] Map in a View for uDig 1.1.1

Thanks a lot Jody for the answer. Now I know what can be done or not.
It's very helpfull to me.

2009/5/22 Jody Garnett <jody.garnett@xxxxxxxxx>
On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 6:10 PM, Rodolphe QUEMERAIS
<rodolphe.quemerais@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a way to view a map in a View in order to integrate this
> view in a already existing RCP Application.
> This can be done with uDig 1.2 with net.refractions.udig.tutorials.rcp/
> exemple. But this exemple suits only for 1.2. So, is there a way to get the
> same result utilising uDig 1.1.1 ???

There is a way; but it is not great. I was used for early experiments
in this concept; have a look at the code for MapBox. This code using
an ApplicationGIS method to produce an image which it then draws as a
preview fo what will be printed. This is not a good interactive
solutions ... that is why MapViewer was produced in uDig 1.2.

You can try back ported MapViewer to uDig 1.1.x; we had to split up
the udig.ui plugin so that it would not contribute menus to the
already existing RCP application; you can accomplish a similar step
using some advanced rcp functionality (that will preprocess the
plugin.xml file allowing you to strip out the xml that produces menus
etc...).

Jody
> Note: Using the code of Custom Application brings me too much menu buttons
> and possibilties that users of my RCP app don't have to have access to. More
> over, this implies I have to modify the 'application' class of my RCP app,
> what I can't do.

You have identified all the reasons we made MapViewer in uDig 1.2.