Re: [udig-devel] Re: tiled rendering and labels

Okay, I've committed the modifications I made to allow the first cut of label rendering for tiles.

I think the remainder of this conversation needs a irc chat as I'm not sure I understand your comment below about using glasspane to draw labels.

Thanks,
Emily

Jody Garnett wrote:
Hi Emily; no problem adding methods; the api is open to revision - I
do suggest we review RenderContext just befure udig 1.2 is released
and make sure everything has javadocs and there are no duplicate or
unused methods.

This meta tiling thing is (I think anyways) the idea I mentioned about
doing a "batch" of several tiles at once; and I guess in this case
allowing the batch to share a common labelCache.

We also talked about storing the label cache for each graphics context
(ie for ecah tile) but not drawing them into the tile. We can applying
the label cache from all the tiles on the screen as you move around
(using the glasspane or similar). It would represent an interesting
compromise that a desktop app can provide.

Jody