Re: [udig-devel] Re: tiled rendering and labels

Hello Again Jody,

I had a look at this issue again this morning and have a partial solution to it. However I need to add the following method to the RenderContextImpl.java class (and modify the getLabelPainter method slightly)

public synchronized void setLabelPainter(ILabelPainter labelPainter){
	this.labelPainter = labelPainter;
}

Do you have any objections to me adding this function?

I've attached a picture of what I have working at the moment. As you can see the labels show up for each tile, however there are some issue with label chopping at tile boundaries. I guess this can probably be fixed by "meta-tiling".

Emily

Emily Gouge wrote:
Yes Jody, you are correct. Labels and tiled rendering do not work well together. I looked into this briefly at one point but I didn't find a decent solution. I believe what we are going to need is one label renderer for each tile rather than just a single label renderer.

I may have some time over the next few weeks to look at this further. Not sure at the moment.

Emily

Jody Garnett wrote:
Hi Emily: This may be another corner case; I was testing out tiled
renderer with the "climate change intergration showcase" dataset for
foss4g this year. And labels went absolulty bonkers... this test is
with the last udig 1.2-M3 release and does not reflect any recent work
you have done.

Near as I can tell the label cache implementation is not being reset
on a tile by tile basis; you may even wish to store a tilecache in the
render context you create for each tile? I am not sure how it should
be done ...

Jody