Re: [udig-devel] Back in black

Hello,

Jody Garnett wrote:

1). if you want something fun and leadershipish to do - can we try picking
up the JGrass console for udig? AmanziCat has a similar console and I would
like to try and get some collaboration going :-) Besides I know scripting is
your weakness :-)

Is the jgrass console a groovy one? I had a look at the groovy console in udig, and it is a lot of fun! There is (was?) a couple of broken things, but I got it running enough to start learning and using it for small things (basically for trying out this and that before I code it in Java).

I'd really appreciate if it were included as a view (why not make this and other consoles integral part udig). (I do know people who don't develop, but are such power users that they'd be happy to have access to udig data - features, geometries, etc. - through a console interface.)

As for the groovy console, I can offer to test :-)

Thanks a lot,

Ugo

--
Ugo Taddei

Fraunhofer Institut Intelligente Analyse- und Informationssysteme (FhG IAIS)
http://www.iais.fraunhofer.de
Department Knowledge Discovery - IAIS.KD -
Working Group Spatial Decision Support
http://www.iais.fraunhofer.de/kd.html
phone  (+49)2241-14-2184    fax    (+49)2241-14-2072