Re: [udig-devel] udigLite: An OSGi-friendly subset

Hello,

looks like Harald's work should be also posted on the geotools list. I know some people listen to both lists, but bringing matters up by explicitly posting to both lists might speed the process up.

Cheers,

Ugo

andrea antonello wrote:
[...]
I now hope that more people - especially the non-uDig Geotools users -
will realize that our approach
- simply works
- has minimal impact
- adds value to both Geotools and uDig
So here is a question for you -- *when* can we do this work? I do not
mind volunteering for something so strategic; but we will need write a
proposal and organze our lives so we have some time in front of a
computer to "apply" this branch of yours.

Absolutely agreed. And you guys can count me in for the udig side of
life in this.

I also take the chance to say congratulations to Harald and his team.
Thanks for sharing this.

Andrea

Well thanks at least for your moral support ;-)  Jody, I know you've
always made clear that you see our point and that you support the whole
idea. Most of what we have done (or what remains to be done to entirely
osgify Geotools and uDig) had to do with Geotools and not with uDig, so
it would be great if we could gather more awareness and some momentum in
the Geotools community to get this job done.
Understood; and now with a working example is the time to do it. I
will be happy to help write up the proposal; but we need to make sure
it is complete before asking for a vote (I have seen more proposals
get stuck on this matter than anything else).

Jody