AW: [udig-devel] udigLite: An OSGi-friendly subset

> Von: udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> [mailto:udig-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag
> von Jody Garnett
>
> Hi - this post would make a good news announcement(do you
> have access to the udig blog?).

Thanks - no, I don't have access, but if you tell me how to get it, I
can post another announcement there.

> On a related note Harald we have to be very careful with the
> branding story of uDig (especially with a small community).
> As such I would ask that you - try and attract volunteers for
> this work - but not users. I would like to ask both you (and
> whatever volunteers we can gather) to bring this valuable
> work back into geotools and udig and improve the baseline.

Sure, there is absolutely no competition or anything. Our stuff is
nothing but a logical working branch of uDig which for some technical
and organizational reasons happens to be hosted somewhere else. If there
had been a easier and faster way of getting the work done, we would not
have taken the trouble of duplicating everything.

I now hope that more people - especially the non-uDig Geotools users -
will realize that our approach

- simply works
- has minimal impact
- adds value to both Geotools and uDig

> I had expected to do some of this work with you back in
> January; I am really pleased that it is now ready.

Well thanks at least for your moral support ;-)  Jody, I know you've
always made clear that you see our point and that you support the whole
idea. Most of what we have done (or what remains to be done to entirely
osgify Geotools and uDig) had to do with Geotools and not with uDig, so
it would be great if we could gather more awareness and some momentum in
the Geotools community to get this job done.

Best regards,

Harald

innovative systems GmbH Navigation-Multimedia
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Edwin Summers - Kevin Brown
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg - Registergericht: Hamburg HRB 59980

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the contents in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.