Re: [udig-devel] udigLite: An OSGi-friendly subset

Hi - this post would make a good news announcement(do you have access
to the udig blog?).

I also tried to identify a subset of modules that could be dragged
into an existing RCP app (without making any contributions to the user
interface) - the result was the rcp-feature; and there is a tracking
demo built around it. We had to split up project.ui to make it happen.

On a related note Harald we have to be very careful with the branding
story of uDig (especially with a small community). As such I would ask
that you - try and attract volunteers for this work - but not users. I
would like to ask both you (and whatever volunteers we can gather) to
bring this valuable work back into geotools and udig and improve the
baseline.

I had expected to do some of this work with you back in January; I am
really pleased that it is now ready.

Congratulations,
Jody

PS. I have watched three other teams turn GeoAPI and GeoTools into
OSGi friendly bundles in order to escape the version hell Mr. Wellmann
describes - as such I am really into supporting this effort.