[udig-devel] issue list review for 10 min code sprint

Hi Silvia:

I am going through all the open bugs; trying to decide which ones we can attempt to solve in 10 minuets. I think this is something the developers need to deal with prior to the code sprint. I am going to think about what to do next after we have gone over all the bugs.

I am finding a lot of the bugs should already be fixed; we need to test prior to moving forward with the bug.

Let me list a couple of examples:
- http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG-1322 Allow for Theme Styles with no outlines
- http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG-1031 Map does not close when deleted
- http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG-1330 change style from simple to theme throws error - addThemedFTStoStyleI each case I thought the bug was already fixed.\
- http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/UDIG-1424 PointSymbolizer settings ignore when rendering

As an example the last one is waiting on moovida to verify the fix worked for him. Now I am not saying all these are fixed; only that I think they are :-)

Perhaps I should mark them as "resolved"? That is the state where they are waiting to be verified before being closed.

We will run this code sprint off the last milestone release; or I will need to make a release this week (this mostly depends on if Emily has enough significant fixes on trunk that we should roll out another release).

I think we should handle the multiple operating systems testing only for the bugs that need it - ie ones concerning URL handling for example. Many of our issues can safely be fixed on whatever platform the developer or tester is happy running on. Installation issues are an example where testing on multiple platforms is worthshile; wms timeout issues is an example where it is not needed.

Jody