[udig-devel] Re: issue list review for 10 min code sprint

To answer another one of your questions:
First of all which version we have to download and install and if we have to test on different operating systems.
Second, is there a priority list in the bug list?

Their is a priority; but it is mostly based around the level of functionality loss (so an issue that prevents the application being released is more important than one that prevents some functionality which is more important than a cosmetic problem like a spelling mistake).

Here is what it says on the form:
Blocker-prevents development, Critical-prevents release, Major-prevents function, Minor-requires workaround, Trivial-cosmetic problem

There are two other ways to access bug priority:
- number of votes a bug has (ie how many people want a bug fixed)
- number of watchers a bug has (how many people care about a bug enough to watch every comment that is made on the issue)

And finally we can consider when the bug is scheduled to be fixed as an indication of priority (or planning):
- the version the bug is scheduled to be fixed for (in this case 1.2-M3 bugs are to be considered more important than 1.2-M4 bugs)

I also note that this page is really good and describes a few new issue states that may be of interest to Eric:
http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ShowConstantsHelp.jspa

In particular the "Patch Pending" status would be very helpful - since applying fixes that are already available is a good thing to do in our 10 min code sprint. I also liked the Analysis state (where not enough information is known for someone to work on the issue would also be good).
Jody

Back to the top