Re: [udig-devel] The standard vector file for the future?

This is the development list so the topic is fine. I read the blog post earlier in the week - you may want to talk to Martin to make progress on this one. From my stand point I would be interested in seeing if any of the jdbc drivers for sql lite would allow us to work with that category of solutions. You may notice that h2 spatial is picking up speed in the java world (something not covered in the blog post).

Now of course if you know anyone willing to fund this work I am all ears. I kind of suspect I have a better chance at getting geodatabase support funded (even if that is not technically the best solution). You can see that GDAL has support (that lacks index support) and that FME has licensed the ESRI api in order to offer complete support.

Jody