[udig-devel] Re: ImageReadWriteSpi cannot be cast to javax.media.jai.OperationRegistrySpi

Yeah we have seen this problem before; and that is why we have the following VM arguments have to be included when running udig:
-Dosgi.parentClassloader=ext

However this technique has failed me just now; I wonder if we are accidently getting a copy of JAI in our libs (ie did the refresh.xml download an additional one to give us a conflict?). Such things would result in a class cast exception (the interfaces may "match" but if they are from different classloaders you get a class cast exception).

I will go check it out now.

I am online on IRC now; the geotools deploy did go out okay; so others can update and enjoy this problem along with us.
Jody
Daniele Romagnoli wrote:
Hi Jody,
I have found the cited Gary's email reporting the JAI OperationRegistrySpi issue and I have forwarded it to you.
Anyway, I'm still investigating on that.

Surfing the web, I have found this thread:
http://forums.java.net/jive/message.jspa?messageID=108456
I'm not sure about how much it could be helpful.

Let me know.
Daniele

Back to the top