[udig-devel] Re: ImageReadWriteSpi cannot be cast to javax.media.jai.OperationRegistrySpi

Jody, I have found additional information on the topic which is mainly related to classLoader issues.
It seems that 2 different JAI versions are around and classes are loaded by different classloaders resulting in a conflict.

It also seems that Andrea Antonello already encountered this problem in the past.
http://www.mail-archive.com/udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg05475.html

Additional background information from a blog:
http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/chrismay/entry/classloader_problems_with/

Regards,
Daniele