Re: [udig-devel] packaging udig

Hi Graham:

I too have been having fun exporting out a custom application; you will find over the course of the last week I have tried to fix up the features that go into the custom application so that it works on Eclipse 3.4.1. You will also notice I found the solution to your trouble...

1. unpack the rcp delta pack into your eclipse directory (not into dropins!)
2. when you define the target platform you have to look at the check mark at the top of the dialog that excludes entries that do not work for the current platform

With these in mind you should be okay - please advise?
Jody

Graham Davis wrote:
I'm trying to package a version of udig with my new custom plugin included (which I've created a feature for). When I get to the point of trying to export the product , it gets most of the way through then completes saying there is a log of errors. I can see hundreds of warnings from all the various plugins, but don't see any glaring errors. When I try running my exported application, I get a "Workbench early startup" error right away with this error:

An internal error occurred during: "Workbench early startup".
Unresolved compilation problems:
The type org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files The type org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files The type org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Image cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files
   The import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display cannot be resolved
The method getDisplay() from the type IWorkbench refers to the missing type Display The method getShell() from the type Window refers to the missing type Shell
   Display cannot be resolved
   Display cannot be resolved to a type
The method getDisplay() from the type IWorkbench refers to the missing type Display
   Display cannot be resolved
The method getShell() from the type Window refers to the missing type Shell

I get the same problem if I simply try to export the udig.product application from net.refractions.udig. Is there something I am missing or doing wrong?

Back to the top