Re: [udig-devel] How to add a coverage layer in code?

Hi Graham,
were you able to solve this?

> I have a coverage object I've created in code by resampling an image.  I
> want to place this coverage on the map as a layer.  I can't seem to find any
> examples of how to add a coverage object as a layer.  I've seen this:
>
> IGeoResource resource =
> CatalogPlugin.getDefault().getLocalCatalog().createTemporaryResource(descriptor);
>
> ApplicationGIS.addLayersToMap(map, Collections.singletonList(resource), -1);
>
> But I don't know what descriptor is in relation to my coverage object, or if
> this will even work for what I'm trying to do.

I assume you could have a look at the geotiff service implementation.
In the GeoTiffServiceExtension class the service is created.

>From a quick (very quick) look at extractId:
    private URL extractID( Map<String, Serializable> params ) {
        URL id;
        if (params.containsKey(URL_PARAM)) {
            Object param = params.get(URL_PARAM);

it looks to me that the url should be enough.

Humpf, now I see your point, you have an in memory thing? Is that the
real problem?

Andrea