Re: [udig-devel] action tools on dropdown together with modal tools

Hi Andrea;

I am sorry it seems I am coming across wrong. I am not sure what the best approach is - it was our idea to isolate actions into views however that may not be a good idea? It sounds like you do not think it is ...

If you would like to explore adding actions to the drop down categories available on the toolbar I would like to make sure what we are doing makes sense to users at the end of the day.

Right now the current tool is shown as selected in the toolbar; and the category changes its icon to make that tool visible so the user can see it is selected). I would like to consider some solution that would help ...

Here is another thought with no idea if it can be implemented or if it would help you.
What if we had a group of icons on the toolbar that would change depending on the current category?

Something like:

| normal actions done via eclipse | action tools | tool categories | actions for the current tool category |

Would that help?

jody