Re: [udig-devel] action tools on dropdown together with modal tools

Hi Andrea,

So I think you have reached the limit of uDig at the moment. What we have right now for the toolbar is a ToolbarManager that can be set for the entire application. As a plugin to uDig you are kind of restricted to that. Although I think it can be set on a per perspective basis. We plan on changing the ToolbarManager in the future because the current one is not enough.

One Options are to not include the tools in the tools bar I think that is an option in the tool extension point. And manually add them to the editor or a view on startup or through an extension point. Adding to a view is easy but adding through an extension point is tricker because you would have to create an Action that essentially wraps the tool.

Jesse