[udig-devel] going slowly through linux install instructions

Hi guys; last week I was asking about linux install instructions (since I was unable to really follow what was on our website or on the eclipse website). While I can unzip a bunch of artifacts and run ... I would like to slot it into the menu; and am unsure if the eclipse folder should live in /opt/eclipse etc...

I have been trying to follow the instructions here:
- http://flurdy.com/docs/eclipse/install.html

Is anyone else into this stuff; or is everyone running out of their home directory?
Jody

Back to the top