[udig-devel] Message bundles

Localization is nice, in theory. In practice, localizations tend to be incomplete or outdated, or both...

That's why I usually set nl = en, preferring good English to bad German ;-)

Now even when running uDig in English, I get some 50 log messages of type "NLS unused message" or "NLS missing message", which makes it harder to discover any real error messages in the log.

Is this on the to do list anyway or should I create a JIRA issue...?

For all localizations, it would be extremely helpful if at least the English messages were consistent.

With nl = de, things are much the same, only for different message keys. And it doesn't really make sense to work on a localization if the master language resources are inconsistent.

Apart from missing or unused properties, I also noted some grammar and semantic issues with the German localization. I could help out on those if you let me know how.

Harald

innovative systems GmbH Navigation-Multimedia
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Edwin Summers - Kevin Brown - Regis Baudot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg - Registergericht: Hamburg HRB 59980

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the contents in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.