AW: [Geotools-devel] [udig-devel] A need for branching uDig andGeotools, and how to merge again

Yes, I'm planning to do this in the next phase. This requires the following steps:

1) Osgify all third-party dependencies of Geotools that cannot be downloaded from public OSGi-Maven repositories. (So far, I needed to do this for geoapi, jai.imageio, jsr275 and vecmath.)

2) Find a public Maven repository for deploying these osgified versions.

3) Change the Geotools POMs to depend only on the OSGified versions of third-party libs.

4) Change the maven-archiver configuration for Geotools to include my handcrafted OSGi manifests into the JARs.

5) Deploy the OSGified Geotools artifacts to a public Maven repository, taking care to avoid conflicts with the official versions.

So it's rather an organizational than a development effort. It would be great if we could deploy the artifacts to the Refractions Maven repo, rather than creating a new one.

BerliOS is fine for hosting the souce repositories, but they do not currently support Maven. You can only create releases in big zip files as on SourceForge. I guess you could set up your own Maven repo in the webspace reserved for your project, but that's limited to 100 MB...

Regards,

Harald

innovative systems GmbH Navigation-Multimedia
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Edwin Summers - Kevin Brown - Regis Baudot
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Hamburg - Registergericht: Hamburg HRB 59980

Diese E-Mail enthaelt vertrauliche und/oder rechtlich geschuetzte Informationen. Wenn Sie nicht der richtige Adressat sind oder diese E-Mail irrtuemlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den Absender und loeschen Sie diese Mail. Das unerlaubte Kopieren sowie die unbefugte Weitergabe dieser Mail ist nicht gestattet.
This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and delete this e-mail. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the contents in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.