Re: [udig-devel] uDig on Eclipse in Ubuntu

Adrian Custer wrote:
If you are talking about apt-get, that Eclipse is not only old but compiled with gcj---I would not recommend it for geotools/udig. You can install the various javas with apt but for maven and eclipse I recommend installing them in /usr/local somewhere.
Thanks for the suggestion Adrian; it will be good to work on linux a bit (my last unix was solaris).
Hmm, it seems we now can install maven 2.0.9 via apt---haven't tried that.
I did; and it is building geotools just fine.
Jody

Back to the top