Re: [udig-devel] Tiled Rendering and MapGraphics

Sorry, but I'm still confused?

> 0. Behind the scenes make an image the size of the screen
Are you proposing I change the mapgraphic renderer?
Make it render an image for each mapgraphic the size of the screen whenever there is a viewport model change event?

Jody Garnett wrote:
Emily Gouge wrote:
I'm somewhat confused by this and probably don't understand your idea.

My understanding is that the renderers render an image using a context. In the case of mapgraphics this context contains information about the size of the image and viewport model.
Understood.
In my case the size of the image that is being drawn is determined by the tiled render manager (and is always the tile size). So if the tiled render manager is to create a bigger image for mapgraphic layers it needs to know what layers are mapgraphics and which aren't.
So try this ...
0. Behind the scenes make an image the size of the screen
1. Listen to the viewport model change; when it does ...
2. Render on to your image behind the scenes ...
3. When the tiled render comes along asking for an image (and providing a context) 4. Use the provided context and draw a portion of your image onto that tiles
Am I missing something here?
Hopefully the above idea now makes sense; you may need to store your behind the scene image on the layer blackboard (in case the mapgraphic is used on several maps ...).

Cheers,
Jody