Re: [udig-devel] Tiled Rendering and MapGraphics

Jody,

Emily I am not sure anybody needs to know - the MapGraphic renderer implementation can do whatever it wants right. You can do what you need to without violating information hiding; nobody needs to know you are rendering to a screen sized image outside of the MapGraphicRenderer... remember the only thing that renderer needs to do is correctly play the game with the renderer composition correctly (if a big image is stored behind the sceen nobody needs to find out...).

I'm somewhat confused by this and probably don't understand your idea.

My understanding is that the renderers render an image using a context. In the case of mapgraphics this context contains information about the size of the image and viewport model.

In my case the size of the image that is being drawn is determined by the tiled render manager (and is always the tile size). So if the tiled render manager is to create a bigger image for mapgraphic layers it needs to know what layers are mapgraphics and which aren't.

Am I missing something here?

Emily

Back to the top