[udig-devel] Feedback on recent Installers and SDKs

User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS <udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

uDigJun23
- installer works well; includes JRE etc...
- online help toc.xml links are broken...
(this appears to be due to the help plugin not being unpacked; it needs to be unpacked for the help application to treat the doc.zip file correctly - I have made the change and we can see what happens next release) - DnD produces "duplicates" when either: a file is dropped into the main area; or when a firefox 3 link is dropped into the main area
- About Dialog shows 1.1-RC15
- North Arrow community installer example does not renderer
(this appears to be the same Envelope problem moovida spotted)

uDigSDKJun21
- works pretty well a few missing tutorials but that is about it
- you can release the custom app (always the hard one for an SDK to manage)
- suffers from the current crop of bugs (no help, DnD duplicates,

Jody

Back to the top