Re: [udig-devel] Label Displacement

Tankut KORAY wrote:
Hi again,

I am creating a style using stylebuilder that is having text symbolizer with a displacement. Labels are seems to be rendered correctly but in Layers view the small icon near the layer name does not appear.
We can look at the icon generation code (cannot remember the class name right now) and see where it is tripping up on your style... I am sure you have just found a bug.
After I change style using "change style", that icon appears but this time my displacement settings are gone. As change style dialog does not have a configurator for setting the displacement, I think it removes my settings but I think it should be removing it. Actually, it is not removing the setting but resetting it to zero literals. Is these are bugs or am I missing something?
These are bugs; the style editor pages were written fairly quickly; they are *supposed* to just modify the style (that already exists) in place - leaving everything else alone. A lot of the functionality boils down to the utility methods in the SLDs class; which you can write unit tests for ... 1. go through with the debugger and watch the style configurator modify your style (say when the color is changed)
2. identify the method in SLDs that is used to make the change
3. write a test cases for that method showing the problem
4. fix the SLD method
Also having a layer with label displacement, sometimes make uDig slow to death. I am so sure if such a layer is causing this problem because it sometimes does this sometimes doesnt.
Text labels (and figuring out which one to show when there are many of them) happens after all the layers are drawn; and can be a very expensive processs. So it is a good guess; deplacements probably place more limitations on the code (they cannot just but the label anywhere - and thus more processing time). You can ask on the geotools-devel list for details.

Jody

Back to the top