[udig-devel] hibernate-spatial

I just had another thought; if you are coming at this problem from a computer science background you could always just use uDig as an integration platform.

Capture your data model with hibernate (I think there is a hibernate-spatial project now, but when I did it in the past it was as simple as making a UserType for Geometry). The idea is to use uDig to visualize your spatial tables (directly out of H2) as it stands; and get the ID information of any selected features; turn around and use those IDs to query hibernate to get access to your full live domain model (relationships etc in tack).

I have done up one of these Hibernate + uDig systems previously, I just did not consider using that with H2 in order to give you your relationships now rather than later.

Cheers,
Jody

Back to the top