Re: [udig-devel] Local data file formats supporting relational data

Hi Shaun, in the past we have had an HSQL DataStore to handle this sort of work. HSQL did not offer transactional independence (ie threads working at the same time would stomp all over each other). You will find on trunk that an H2 DataStore is available; and by all accounts if very capable. I have not intergrated it into uDig yet; but you are more than welcome to do so.

There other interesting part about H2 (the same dude who did HSQL produced H2 as his next project) is that we have a Google Summer of Code student working on adding a spatial index; the combination of a small Java database (H2) with a spatial indexed should be great. Right now we have it supporting all the SFSQL functions by virtue of dropping the JTS href=3D"http://udig.refractions.net";>http://udig.refractions.net</a><br><a=
=
href=3D"http://lists.refractions.net/mailman/listinfo/udig-devel";>http://l=

--Apple-Mail-144-621530725--

Back to the top