[udig-devel] Re: Split tool for neighbors

On Friday 09 May 2008 23:39:43 Jody Garnett wrote:
> Afternoon Mauricio,
>
> I am looking at an interesting "problem" (ie oversite) for the coverage
> tool on trunk; the coverage tool is used to edit polygons that are
> surrounded by "neighbors", when you edit the boundaries of the polygon
> you need the neighbors to change shape as well so there are no gaps or
> overlaps.
>
> Everything going is fine .... until the Split tool comes to town, the
> split tool will split a polygon, but when you got to edit with the
> coverage tools the neighbors no longer have a common vertex where the
> new split occurred!
>
> I would like to change the split tool so it introduces a new vertex;
> even on polygons that are not bisected.
>
> Does this seem like a reasonable idea?

It sound right, but I am not sure if that laterals effect (to add a new vertex
in others features) could produce some problem in the future. Other idea
could be introduce the new vertex in the neighbors when the node is selected
to drag.

cheers
--
Mauricio Pazos