[udig-devel] WFS: missing NAMESPACE in DescribeFeatureType

Hello.

I am following a guide to let a deegree wfs be availiable in version 1.0.0 with GML2 for clients not supporting GML version 3. I am doing this as I want uDig to work with my deegree wfs.

OpenJump with the WFS plugin create a DescribeFeatureType request like:
? SERVICE = WFS &REQUEST = DescribeFeatureType &version=1.0.0&TYPENAME=app:MYFT&NAMESPACE=xmlns(app=http://www.deegree.org/app)

uDig create a DescribeFeatureType request like:
?SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=DescribeFeatureType&TYPENAME= app:MYFT

The request from uDig result in the following ServiceException
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<ServiceExceptionReport>
<ServiceException code="InvalidParameterValue" locator="unknown +location">Invalid "TYPENAME" parameter. No binding for prefix "app".</ ServiceException>
</ServiceExceptionReport>

Is there any reason for uDig not to include the NAMESPACE parameter?

Regards,
 - Tore.

Back to the top