Re: [udig-devel] Re: Shuffling the content of the German user guide

Matthias Basler wrote:
Jody typed:
Initial testing for me shows two things:
- I have an exception when closing the welcome screen; resetting the perspective works
Do you have this same error? It has me rather baffled.
- online help shows up as expected :-)
- Note the english online help no longer is shown; although the "live help" that links directly to the wiki is still shown.
Not sure I understand the last point and its implications.
Does this mean that whenever I link from the DE to the EN wiki space that these links will no longer work on the exported online help?
Right now they are considered the *same* book; and only one of them will be shown in online help. If you would like that handled differently let me know and we can publish the translation as a seperate "book" in the online help.

I am honestly not sure if links between spaces will work on export; even if both books are present.
Would this mean that I have to use external (http) links instead. The latter would be possible, but I am not sure how fragile this solution is, that is, if the web address stays the same if a page is renamed for example.

Or am I misunderstanding your point completely?
You have my point; my preference would be to attach the pictures you use directly to the DE space pages - the idea being they would be available when uDig is used offline (and they will continue to exist as the wiki goes on to document 1.2).

Cheers,
Jody

Back to the top