[udig-devel] Re: Shuffling the content of the German user guide

> I am honestly not sure if links between spaces will work on export; even
> if both books are present.

I don't care. I am leaving these links for now because the online version of the online help gains a lot through them imho.

> You have my point; my preference would be to attach the pictures you use
> directly to the DE space pages - the idea being they would be available
> when uDig is used offline (and they will continue to exist as the wiki
> goes on to document 1.2).

Sigh ... done.

Maybe for the future you can find a way so that we avoid the duplication of the English pictures and the double work that comes with it. I cannot and will not create German screenshots for every image, and downloading and reuploading your pictures is work that could imho be avoided. After all we are using computers to ease the work. ;-)

(Admittedly, the wiki DOES already allow quite efficient working.)

Another point that I always have in mind is that duplicated pictures mean an increase in download size and harddisk footprint. UDig should try and stay lean. We are not ESRI!

P.S. In this context: I have noted that in your quickstart you have PNG screenshots of over 250kB. Saving them as JPG could reduce their size to about 80kB. PNG are nice for screenshots of single-colored faces but these images actually show raster images (e.g. clouds layer), so JPG is far better here.
--
Matthias Basler
matthiasbasler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top