[udig-devel] Menubar and a call to actions

So far I am not getting a much by way of reply to these emails; I hope to have productive discussion on this email list about what is going on with uDig 1.1.

One of the things "found" during the user interface review was that operations are a mess; specifically it shows up as and absolutly messed up "Opperation Menu" and "Context Menus" where you cannot tell what content the action is going to modify.

I have put together a proposal here:
- http://udig.refractions.net/confluence/display/HACK/Menu+Proposal

What I need from everyone is example "Actions" -- even if they are silly. I want us to practice placing them in the menubar and context menus to ensure:
- that the organization makes sense to everyone; and
- will not break over time

Please reply to this email with example "Action" if you can; or even to say you looked over the proposal and don't hate it ;-)
Jody

Back to the top