Re: [udig-devel] uDig project files

Hi David,
I just jump in very quickly, even if I wasn't able to follow the whole
thread, so sorry if i fail.

> I'm feeling very dense and crazy.
>
> I just installed uDig 1.1-RC12 on another Windows system that has
> never had uDig installed on it.
>
> I'm not finding any umap or .localCatalog files anywhere under
> c:\Documents and Settings, although when I reopen uDig, everything is
> there.  I've looked all over on my system for files created around
> the time I exited uDig but can't find anything.
>
> Another dumb question, when you use the File->Open Project, what is
> it looking for?

For a folder :) That is somehow crazy, yes, but I guess this is
inherited from eclipse. You have to supply the folder inside which the
project file and the map files are.

> All I want to do is make a "project" file available to other users of
> uDig.  Isn't this possible?

A project file no, but a project folder yes.
Technically at the moment there are some problems left over to absolute
path limitations, but together with Jesse we are working on a
consolidate mechanism that should collect and put all the project data
inside the project folder. At that point it will be "transportable".

Hope I answered to your question,
Andrea