Re: [udig-devel] to R or not to R

Andrea Antonello ha scritto:
Super interesting stuff.  Have you actually tried either of
these? How Statet integrates their R.  Do they have some JNI or
something?
I'm not sure, on a first very quick review I couldn't understand it,
I hoped that someone on the list had tried it :)
The python interface looks very nice. I'm just not sure if it will
work in jython, because I never gave a look at that. Will it wrap the
installed pyhton and there fore have all the packages? Is it a
straight implementation? I will have to give it a look :)

Alright, I gave it a quick look and it seams that jython is not the way
to get to R. Jython is a 100% java implementation of python and
not wrapped on top of it. I would like to cry... i thought I found an
easy way :)

The search goes on... an on...

Andrea, in an ancient project we considered using R, and since we could
not stick with the GPL license, we thought to circumvent it using RServe
(http://www.rforge.net/Rserve/).

Well, in the end we did not use R at all (we just needed kriging, so we
used gstat instead) but I'm mention it because it's yet another way to
interact with R.

Cheers
Andrea

Back to the top