[udig-devel] to R or not to R

Hi all, (and mostly Adrian, because we talked a bit about that in the
past):

How is the actual interest about R and Udig?

I have a couple of collected thoughts about how R should fit into
udig and connect direktly to maps and would like to know what you guys
think.

Python has a rpy package that fully supports r and also traps its
errors. So that seems to be a great way to go through jython. You think
that we could access to all this if we implement Jython support in the
new JGrass console?

Different way: the statet
plugin? http://www.walware.de/it/statet/index.html

Just thought,