Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 20:15:41 -0700
From: Jesse Eichar <jeichar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [udig-devel] Error: Problem rendering: Exception
	rendering layer	DefaultMapLayer
To: User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS
	<udig-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi I'm looking at the stack trace... Could it be that the shapefile
in question doesn't have a .dbf file associated with it?  I think
shapefile renderer is stupid right now and demands a DBF file.  I can
file a bug report for this.

Jesse

Hi,

I recently installed uDig1.1 RC11 and tested it
successfully with a postgis layer & some local
shapefiles. I recently came back to it and discovered
the above error when trying to add either layer type
(WMS and WFS render fine).

Upgrading to RC12 did not resolve the issue. I
occasionally develop in Eclipse (but not against
uDig), which is the only thing I can think of that
would have had any impact... Here's a dump from my
.log. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jim

!SESSION 2007-10-09 17:04:11.264
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.5.0_07
java.vendor=Apple Computer, Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86, WS=carbon,
NL=en_GB
Command-line arguments:  -os macosx -ws carbon -arch
x86 -data /Users/Jesse/udigTestWorkspace -data
/Users/jkb/Documents/uDigWorkspace

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 2 1 2007-10-09 17:04:16.149
!MESSAGE NLS unused message: as in:
net.refractions.udig.project.internal.messages

!ENTRY net.refractions.udig.project 2 0 2007-10-09
17:04:22.257
!MESSAGE Problem rendering: Exception rendering layer
DefaultMapLayer[ Test, VISIBLE,
style=StyleImpl<NO_PARENT>[ name=Default Styler],
data=net.refractions.udig.project.internal.impl.UDIGFeatureStore@5034 1
0,
query=Query: [Request All Features]
   feature type: null
   filter: Filter.NONE
   [properties:  ALL ]]
!STACK 0
net.refractions.udig.project.render.RenderException:
Problem rendering: Exception rendering layer
DefaultMapLayer[ Test, VISIBLE,
style=StyleImpl<NO_PARENT>[ name=Default Styler],
data=net.refractions.udig.project.internal.impl.UDIGFeatureStore@5034 1
0,
query=Query: [Request All Features]
   feature type: null
   filter: Filter.NONE
   [properties:  ALL ]]
	at
net.refractions.udig.render.internal.feature.basic.BasicFeatureRender e
r.render(BasicFeatureRenderer.java:334)
	at
net.refractions.udig.render.internal.feature.basic.BasicFeatureRender e
r.render(BasicFeatureRenderer.java:193)
	at
net.refractions.udig.project.internal.render.impl.RenderJob.startRend e
ring(RenderJob.java:101)
	at
net.refractions.udig.project.internal.render.impl.RenderJob.run
(RenderJob.java:188)
	at
org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: Exception rendering
layer DefaultMapLayer[ Test, VISIBLE,
style=StyleImpl<NO_PARENT>[ name=Default Styler],
data=net.refractions.udig.project.internal.impl.UDIGFeatureStore@5034 1
0,
query=Query: [Request All Features]
   feature type: null
   filter: Filter.NONE
   [properties:  ALL ]]
	at
org.geotools.renderer.shape.ShapefileRenderer.paint
(ShapefileRenderer.java:1356)
	at
org.geotools.renderer.shape.ShapefileRenderer.paint
(ShapefileRenderer.java:238)
	at
net.refractions.udig.render.internal.feature.basic.BasicFeatureRender e
r.render(BasicFeatureRenderer.java:309)
	... 4 more
	at
net.refractions.udig.render.internal.feature.basic.BasicFeatureRender e
r$BasicRenderListener.errorOccurred(BasicFeatureRenderer.java:451)
	at
org.geotools.renderer.shape.ShapefileRenderer.fireErrorEvent
(ShapefileRenderer.java:1034)
	at
org.geotools.renderer.shape.ShapefileRenderer.processShapefile
(ShapefileRenderer.java:620)
	at
org.geotools.renderer.shape.ShapefileRenderer.processStylers
(ShapefileRenderer.java:337)
	at
org.geotools.renderer.shape.ShapefileRenderer.paint
(ShapefileRenderer.java:1353)
	... 6 more