Re: [udig-devel] Couple minor annoyances about RC12

On Oct 3, 2007, at 6:34 AM, Parks, Aaron B. wrote:

RC12 is cool and does render stuff much faster.  I'm about to launch a
pilot program converting some GT 2.0 (styled map pane) stuff to Udig, so you may be hearing more from me. In the mean time, here are some minor
annoyances with RC12:

1) My start menu launcher doesn't work. I know this has been beaten to
death but I thought I would mention it.

I have recently found a new issue when uDig is not installed on the same drive as the user's home. Is this the case with you?

2)  If you right click on the catalog, select import, data, files that
will pop up a browse window. If you cancel that window, hit back, then
go to files (again) and hit next all you get is a blank window.

Fair enough.  I've noticed that.

3)  Import a shape file and put it on a map.  Go back to import and
select several huge (I used .5 to one gig) shape files.  After several
minutes of processing only the first layer indexed will be listed in the catalog. This seems to only occur if you index several large shps. You
can get the layers listed by leaving the tab and coming back.  Once
listed they render fine.

Exellent bug. We need a more efficient indexer. It uses a ton of memory. That is probably the problem. Often for large shapefiles I still use the mapserver's indexing tool shptree I think is what it is called.

Jesse

Back to the top