[udig-devel] OracleDatastore.getEnvelope( typeName ) optimizations

X and Y huh? That was one of the options I accounted for ... The "optimized" method used for the bounds is DataStore.getEnvelope(String typeName) ... nope it appears as if my code is now missing.

Andrea can you confirm this code was removed on purpose? I imagine that it was removed as filling in the metadata is a rare occurance. Some of the test case is still there in the form of QuickOracleOnlineTest.

Looking through the implementation it looks like it is taking advantage of a couple of functions:
- SDO_TUNE.EXTENT_OF
- SDO_AGGR_MBR

With respect to looking at tables only when they are selected - it should be possible. You would need to set up the OracleGeoResourceInfo to be lazy with respect to getBounds() ...

Sorry for leading you astray Aaron - I am hoping Vatalie will commit his OracleDataStore and we will have an implementation that is maintained.

Cheers,
Jody

Parks, Aaron B. wrote:
The metadata for the table looks something like:

SELECT * FROM TABLE(SELECT diminfo from usgm where
table_name='myCountyLayer');

SDO_DIMNAME		SDO_LB	SDO_UB	SDO_TOLERANCE
X			-180		-60		0.00000002
Y			10		130		0.00000002

The other interesting thing here is that it is scanning a table we never
actually selected.  Is it possible to switch to only examining tables
once we have checked them?

AP