Re: [udig-devel] problem rendering Oracle data

Tom (JDi Solutions) ha scritto:
Hi there,

I can't seem to get uDig to render Oracle data at all direct from the table. Here's what I am doing

    * Add a new layer to an existing map which is already zoomed into a
      location where I know there is data (I have the same table loaded
      through Geoserver's WFS interface.)
    * Choose Oracle as data source
    * Enter connection details
    * Choose schema from drop down box
    * Choose table from list of available.

At this point uDig insists it is rendering the data and indeed the java process consumes much of the CPU's resources along with the Oracle process but nothing is rendered and eventually the CPU usage drops (after a few minutes) At first I thought this CPU usage could be attributed to the fact that I am loading a very complex table (Ordnance Survey Mastermap data) but I have just tried loading a table with no features and that failed too in the same way. In both cases no error was seemingly reported and in both cases the CPU was monopolised for at least 10 minutes.

Tom, please consider that uDig is backed by an old version of
Geotools (2.2.x) whilst I fixed the datastore in 2.3.x and 2.4.x (the
branches used by GeoServer).
Anyways, the behaviour you're seeing is consistent with the renderer
trying to render the geometries and consistently failing to do so
for each geometry, dumping a lot of logs and throwing a billion
exceptions in the process.

You should get a very big log file in your udig workspace (I think
uDig will create the workspace in your home directory, look for it,
find the .metadata/.log file and post a few sample stack traces).

I tried to plot new features in the table with no existing features but on each occasion the feature would vanish whenever I tried to commit the change.

Yep, the Oracle datastore wasn't able to write projected data before
my fixes. Guys, any chance of an (early) release of uDig using
Geotools 2.4?

Cheers
Andrea

Back to the top